Today is my dad's birthday and let me just say how grateful I am for him.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Happy Birthday, Dad
I feel like most of my posts lately have been birthday posts. I guess that just goes to show that some of the things I'm most grateful for are the people in my life!
Today is my dad's birthday and let me just say how grateful I am for him.
My dad is one of the hardest working people I know. He taught me and continues to teach me the value of working hard and having a good work ethic.
My dad is one of the kindest people I know. He NEVER says anything mean about anyone else. He is always looking for the positive in every situation. This is such a good example to me as I can sometimes not be a complete optimist.
My dad is one of the humblest people I know. He never takes the credit for anything good he does. He always gives the credit to the Lord. This has taught me that I truly need to remember that the Lord is in charge and I am nothing without Him. He has also taught me through word and example the importance of the Gospel in his life.
My dad is one of the most loving people I know. He LOVES being a Grandpa and getting to spend time with his grandkids. (I mean, look at these kids--who WOULDN'T love being with them??) They love playing with him, too.
.JPG)
My dad is one of the (no, he is THE) most frugal person I know. But you know what? That's great! He loves finding a good deal and because of all the money he's saved, we've been able to do some great things with the family. One of them was going to see Wicked with his girls a couple years ago. Yes, my dad also appreciates good shows. :)
My dad can fix anything. He can build anything. He can cook anything. All-in-all, he's just a well-rounded person! For all of these reasons and more, I am so grateful for my dad and love him so much! Happy Birthday, Dad!!
Today is my dad's birthday and let me just say how grateful I am for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Janae! Just two thoughts:
ReplyDelete1 - you are an incredibly lovely young lady with an amazing talent when it comes to the written word!
and
2 - THANK YOU for the look into your dad's life! I LOVED seeing and hearing about what a marvelous person he is! Next time I'm down there remind me to tell you about my Primary experience with him. Your dad is dear to my heart!