My mom is always happy. No matter how sad or frustrated the rest of the family can be, she finds ways to still be happy and help others around her be happy too. :)Saturday, July 17, 2010
Happy Birthday, Mom
Today is my dear mother's birthday. I know she hates being in the spotlight, especially for birthdays, but she needs to hear how awesome she is once in awhile. She has celebrated her 29th birthday about 24 times now, and will continue celebrating her 29th birthday for many years to come. :) (Let's see if you can do the math and figure out how old she is now...) Here are some reasons why I am grateful for my mom.
My mom is always happy. No matter how sad or frustrated the rest of the family can be, she finds ways to still be happy and help others around her be happy too. :)
My mom loves to have fun. She loves playing games and gets kind of intense when playing games. :) She loves laughing and making others laugh. She loves swimming in the pool and showing off her perfect dive. She also has fun doing quieter things like crossword puzzles and catching up with people on facebook. :)
My mom can now text. I am so proud that she's joining us in the 21st century and texting! She even got herself a new phone with a keyboard to help her text even faster. :)
My mom is so giving. While I was at home this summer (a post to come here shortly...) she treated me to a pedicure. We went one morning and got pedicures together. We also went to see Eclipse. It was so fun to get to do those things with my mom!! She also loves buying things for her grandkids. She'd buy them clothes over buying herself anything. (But when you see how cute they are, wouldn't you?? ;) )
My mom is a social butterfly. I was reminded of this as we had to wait for her after church both Sundays I was home. One week I even went into her young women's classroom and packed her stuff up for her. Then waited another 10 minutes until she was done chatting. :)
I am so grateful that my mom is the person she is. She has taught me so many things throughout my life and continues to teach me so many things. Whether it's me asking where to find lemon juice in the store or asking dating questions or really anything, she's always teaching me and helping me become a better person. I love you, Mom!
My mom is always happy. No matter how sad or frustrated the rest of the family can be, she finds ways to still be happy and help others around her be happy too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment