Thursday, August 18, 2011

So Long, Summer...

Ok, I'll admit it...I'm kind of excited for a new school year! I'm excited for a new group of kids. I'm excited for new knowledge gained from my Masters I can apply in my classroom (even though it might not be much). I'm excited to be busy again. I'm excited to feel needed and important. I'm excited to work with the rest of the faculty at my school. I'm excited to do Zumba with my coworkers twice a week again. :)

While I'm excited for a lot, here are some things I'm not so excited about. I'm not excited about waking up at 6. I'm not excited about never having a free moment to myself. I'm not excited to train 32 (yikes...hopefully only 30) 7-year olds. I'm not excited for the weather to change.

K, count it up. I have more excitements than not excitements. That means I'm happy. :) I am grateful to be a teacher and have the opportunity to touch the lives of so many kids! Here's to the 2011-12 school year. It's going to be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment