I picked up the hobby when I was 15. My mom was stake RS pres and for their big annual RS workshop, they had a humanitarian day. One of the services was for people to crochet leper bandages. A sweet lady in our ward taught my mom and I how to crochet to make one. Wow, it was an experience!
After I finished my 4-foot long leper bandage, I decided to try scarves. I've made some of those and then for some reason decided to try blankets! I made one for each of my sisters for their weddings. Then I made one for myself as well. My brother was still young at the time and I made him one that was different color crayons.
When I was home for Thanksgiving this week, I saw the crayon blanket and was reminded of how much I love crocheting. It is a hobby I have dropped the past couple years of my life, although I do still have 2 big balls of yarn at the foot of my bed waiting for me to pick up and finish my niece's baby blanket (yes, the one who is almost 2 :)).

I can't believe you actually made it through one of those bandages! I lost interest within about twenty minutes!
ReplyDelete