I'm thankful for how simply kids think. Today I was meeting with one of my reading groups and we were about to start a new book called "The Mystery of the Missing Berries." I asked the kids if they've ever lost anything. One student said he'd lost his sandals once. The follow up question I asked was what they did to help solve the mystery or find what they had lost. All the answers in the past have been "looked all over for it," "asked my mom for help," etc. Until today. I asked the question and without any hesitation, the little boy who lost his sandals goes "I prayed. I prayed and then looked and found them!"
Yes, this is Utah. I had to look down and laugh to myself because it was such a simple answer, but what an example! In my "old age," I so often forget to think that simply. If I misplace something, I think as hard as I can all the places it could be, retrace my steps, and get so frustrated. The first thing I should do is drop to my knees in prayer. I was taught a lesson today by a little 8 year old boy. So next time you lose something, what are you going to do to solve your mystery??
So very true! Just tonight I lost something and thought, "hmmm.. maybe I should pray first." Then quickly I got caught up doing things and that just reminded me. :) Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDelete