Thursday, December 31, 2009

Temples

Really, I could write this blog post every day, but I figured since I just went to one of the most beautiful Temples ever (that's not fair...they're ALL beautiful) I'd write about how grateful I am for the Temple. My family and I took a 3-day excursion to San Diego this week. We did lots of different things, but one day we spent 5 hours in their LDS Temple. Look at this thing:


Yeah, pretty much amazing. My parents and I made it into a session at 10 in the morning. "It's a Small World After All" was playing in my head as I ran into one of my old friends from BYU there with his wife. That was so great! (And seriously, what are the chances??) We got out and took my brother to the baptistry around noon. They were a "little" shorthanded there (okay, a lot, but it's the Temple so if there's a place to be slow have to wait, that'd be the place to be). We were in the baptistry until about 2:00. After all the work was done, we headed to the cafeteria and ate some delicious food!

I am so grateful that there are so many Temples throughout the world. I'm even more grateful that the Church is working hard to get more of them so even more people can have the opportunity to participate in the blessings brought by the Temple. I love being surrounded by so many in Utah. I drive past five Temples just driving to my sister's house an hour away. So great!! There is a lot of work to do. But what a fantastic work it is!!

2 comments:

  1. You came all the way to San Diego, and even drove right through my town and you didn't even tell me??!! I am glad you got to go, it is beautiful :) See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see all the pictures. Have I mentioned how jealous I am that you got to go in that temple?? We've been to SD so many times, and just haven't had a chance to go in! Who did you run in to???

    ReplyDelete