Sunday, January 3, 2010

Healing

Here is a thought I've been having today...proceed with caution. :)

This school year I have been more sick than I've been in awhile. With colds, coughs, flus, etc., it's been a crazy year. I've taken more sick days than ever. My mom has been very worried about me, bless her heart. Being so far away from a helpless child who doesn't even own a thermometer, she decided to take matters into her own hands.

One of the first presents I opened up from my stocking was a bottle of ibuprofen. A little while later, I opened up two packages of Tylenol. Isn't she just so funny?! Then even later, I unwrap a cute little pink and black make-up bag.
I open it up and it's full of goodies--a thermometer with covers, chap stick, antacids, more ibuprofen, band aids, neosporin, etc. It got a good laugh out of me, that's for sure. It was very thoughtful. :) We added more throughout my trip home, putting in cold medicine, throat lozenges, and more. I should now be set and will probably never get sick because I'm so prepared. Let's hope...


Anyway, my thought today was about how my mom tries to help me heal physically. She (and my dad) provide me with the care I need, the medications I need, and more pills than I know what to do with. But not only do they heal me physically, they have provided me with the things I need to heal spiritually.

My parents have always taught me the truths of the restored gospel. As I gained a testimony while growing up in their home, they taught me the steps necessary to be healed in a way that matters more than physical life does. They taught me about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The Atonement is what heals each of us spiritually.

No matter how far we've fallen, we can be healed. No matter how many "cuts and bruises" we might have, we can be healed. And today (and always), I am grateful for that knowledge and for the ability to be healed.

1 comment:

  1. Janae--You are an amazing daughter and an inspiration to me. You have such a strong testimony and are a great example to our family. I love you! The little "medicine chest" is so cute! Stay healthy!
    Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete